Direct investments through
AOT ENERGY (AOT Holding)
- Acquired in 1989. Current position: 51%
- Operates in the petroleum products, gas, coal and coke trading and distribution sectors, through owned or rented assets (pipelines, storage facilities, oil tankers, refineries,...)
International Duty Free
- Acquired in 1991. Current position: 100%
- Operator of retail shops at main Belgian airports (Brussels, Charleroi), at Brussels international train station and at the United Nations office at Nairobi (Kenya).
- Acquired in 2007. Current position: 25,3%
- Switzerland's leading Out of Home advertising company and specialist in the provision of digital and analog Out of Home solutions
- Acquired in 2006. Current position: 7,3%
- Multimedia group which revolves around M6, France’s second commercial television channel, also includes a family of highly complementary digital channels and diversification activities developed around a powerful brand.
- Acquired in 2006. Current position: 18,3%
- Independent investment bank and wealth management company active in Italy and all over Europe. Other shareholders include EURAZEO and EXOR, alongside with the management
Cheval Blanc Finance
- Acquired in 1998. Current position: 40%
- Holds 50% of the Société Civile du CHEVAL BLANC, which owns the Saint Emilion Premier Grand Cru Classé A estate (37 hectares), LA TOUR DU PIN (8 hectares) and QUINAULT L’ENCLOS (18 hectares) vineyards.
- Creation in 2007 (PLANET PARFUM acquired in 1998)
Retail group composed of 2 brands:
- PLANET PARFUM: no. 2 on the Belgian market for distribution of perfumes and cosmetics (~85 stores)
- DI: no. 2 on the Belgian market for distribution of beauty & care products (~110 stores)
Investments of Groupe Frère-Bourgeois through
- Acquired in 1987 (ex-PETROFINA). Current position (GBL+GROUPE FRÈRE-BOURGEOIS): 1,2%
- Fifth-largest publicly-traded integrated international oil and gas company in the world. TOTAL is active both in the upstream (exploration/production) and the downstream (refining, distribution,…)
- Acquired in 1987. Current position: 53,6%
- World leader in mineral-based specialties for industry. Transforms, enriches and combines a unique range of minerals, often extracted from its deposits, to offer features essential to its customers' products and production processes.
- Acquired in 2006. Current position: 9,4%
- A world's leader in construction materials, operating in 62 countries. LAFARGE is a major player in the cement, aggregates and concrete businesses.
- Acquired in 2013. Current position: 16,2%
- World's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. 80,000 employees and 1,650 offices and laboratories around the world.
- Acquired in 2006. Current position: 7,5%
- Co-leader in the Wines & Spirits sector worldwide, Operates through a large portfolio of international (high-end) brands (ABSOLUT, BALLANTINES, MARTELL,…).
- Acquired in 2013. Current position: 17%
- Group specialised in materials technology and precious metals recycling. Its activities are centered on four business areas: Catalysis, Energy Materials, Performance Materials and Recycling.
- Acquired in 2015. Current position: 7,2%
- Global leader in the sporting goods industry, offering a broad portfolio of footwear, apparel and hardware for sport and lifestyle around the core brands adidas, Reebok, TaylorMade and Reebok-CCM Hockey.
- Acquired in 2015. Current position: 19,98%
- Major player in the disposable hygiene products market. Its products cover the following range: baby nappies, feminine hygiene products and adult incontinence.
- Acquired in 2017. Current position: 3,95%
- Burberry is a British luxury brand name which designs, manufactures and distributes high-end clothes and accessories.
- Acquired in 2015. Current position: 15,2%
- Parques Reunidos operates a well-diversified portfolio of 61 fields of leisure activities (amusement parks, animal parks, water parks, family entertainment centers and other attractions)
- Composed of 5 funds:
- ERGON: PE fund operating in the mid-market segment (20-70m equity investments)
- SAGARD: PE fund primarily active in french-speaking countries
- KARTESIA: credit fund which invests in primary and secondary LBO loans in Europe
- MERIEUX DEVELOPPEMENT: healthcare growth capital investment vehicle of Institut Mérieux
- PRIMESTONE: buyout vehicle taking substantial minority stakes in European listed companies
- BDT CAPITAL PARTNERS: investment vehicle that provides family and founder-led business with differentiated capital